Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Sick kids

Uuuuuuuugh. Could my kids stop catching colds and stomach bugs? A house that's not covered in puke would be great!
Thankfully they're better now, but last week was gross.
Zoe's school called to say she was in the nurse's office. I went and picked her up and glad I did. She slept for the rest of the day and woke up the next day with an ear infection.
She's ok now and back in school AND... I forgot to send her with her backpack and doctor's excuse. Sigh. Mom fail right there.
Oh well.. she's in kindergarten and doesn't have homework anymore so pfft.. I don't care.... but I do :P
I'm sure I'm not the first mom to forget.

Also..our not even 2yo fridge decided to crap out on us.
The freezer started to make a noise and warming up. I think the fridge part too was warming up. Noise stopped after I unplugged it, but it's not cooling like it should. Awesome.
Have someone coming in on Thursday to hopefully get it fixed. Having 2 fridges and all that space spoiled me! I need it back! lol

Back to Zoe.
She only has 2 more weeks of school left.
I can't believe it's already over with. Seems like it just started.
I can't wait though. I know they're going to drive me flippin crazy, but I can't wait to sleep in! Even if it's just another 30min... I want to sleep in!!! I know the kids will love it too. Especially Oren and Zoe.
I plan on actually exercising then too and starting Oren's potty training. Won't have any excuses not to do it and I think he's ready for it. He's just being stubborn.

What else...
DH wants to go on vacation this summer. Talked about going up north to a beach in Virginia so we could vacation with his friend.
Dude.. we spent a TON of money going to Disney. No. We don't need to be spending even more going to the beach up north.
I understand that he wants a week off to go wherever. I would love to go to the beach too, but we need to save up for the back porch that has been put off for years.
Plus his car needs to be fixed and who knows if our fridge can be fixed and how much that will cost.
NM anything else that might come up.
Vacations are important... but we don't need to be spending more than we should going somewhere we don't need to go.
Just b/c his friend moved closer doesn't mean we MUST see them every summer or some shit. They'll understand if we can't go.
I'm tempted to just tell DH to go alone and I'll stay home with the kids. I'll be driven crazy, which isn't anything different, but at least he'll have some time away to unwind and relax.

Sorry my thoughts are a bit everywhere right now...
So dieting. I think I'm going to try cutting calories. I know low carb works, which I'm still doing, but I do think I need to cut calories too. Downloaded an app to help me keep track. Just need to remember that I'm doing this. I hate doing it though b/c just knowing I can't eat as much makes me want to go eat. I know I'm not hungry, but it's like a survival instinct..... like my body and mind feels panicked b/c it thinks it's going to go hungry.
I just gotta muster up as much willpower as I can and stick to it though.
I NEED to lose weight. I have the body of a very unhealthy 80yo woman and I plan on sticking around to get some grandbabies! lol

No comments: