Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Boring diet stuff

Day 3? 4? I don't even know of carnivore diet. All meat and animal products (cheese, eggs, dairy etc).
Feeling pretty good, but I think I need to limit dairy even more.
Had more than usual last night with dinner and now I'm up 3lbs.
Could just be normal day to day weight fluctuation though so next time I have more than usual dairy, I'll remember to check to see if I retain water the next day or not.
I don't have a ton of dairy anyway. 1 tablespoon or cream in my coffee and that's it.

Coming from a keto but mostly eating meat diet has been easy, but I'm also craving the keto desserts I used to fix.
I'm determined to stick to carnivore for a month though. It's going to be difficult, but I set out to do it and I'm going to.
Also giving up nightshades suuuuucks, b/c it would make going carnivore so much easier if I could have some hot sauce. No, that's not strict carn, but it would help to cut through some of the fat and just add flavor. Sigh.

I am extremely frustrated with my belly though. All other people that are at this weight? Nice bodies, smaller bellies.
Me? HUGE fucking belly that will not fucking go away!!!
I understand that my lower stomach pooch is going to take a while to disappear, but damn, this is infuriatingly frustrating. Maybe when I get to the 150's??? Maybe THEN my stomach will finally start to disappear???
If I could GET to the 150's that would be great, but my weight has been going up then going down, going up then going down the same 3lbs. Just frickin LOSE ALREADY!
I know the scale doesn't tell the whole story, but damn... when you still need to lose so much, it's still frustrating as shit to see the number stall.

I have my annual exam next month and it would be great to be well in to the 170's by then. Just hope I can get there finally.

Also started exercising again and I'm going to start pushing myself a bit harder. Still easy at first, but just increasing weight a little when doing certain exercises and whatnot.
My eventual fitness goal is to be able to do a pull up and pushup. I would love to be able to do either one of those... just one. And once I can do just one of both of those, I'll aim to get up to 5 each.
That's not going to happen for a long time though. I'm REALLY weak right now and need to lose more weight and build up my puny muscles.
I'll get there though.

That's what is different this time with this weight loss journey. I have absolutely no thought of quitting in my mind anymore. Not even a little bit. Oh I'll complain about weight fluctuations, stalls, my fat not disappearing like I want lol, but I'm in this. I'm NOT giving up this time.
I wish everyone could finally get to this point in their weight loss journeys b/c damn is it such a liberating feeling.
Yes, there is still that intimidation b/c for some of us, the weight comes off slow, but not constantly worrying about falling off the wagon or constantly wanting to cheat... weight lifted.
That's not to say I don't get cravings still though. Like krispy kreme donuts. Damn.... if I had a box of them, I'd eat every single one lol.
But NOW I know I can resist. It's not always on my mind. Sure... I would love one, but I know they're not going anywhere. Maybe for a planned cheat day, I'll have them, but  I'm good.

I just see so many people still struggling and honestly, I'm glad I'm not one of them anymore. I'm not struggling to stay on this diet.
I KNOW I will get to my goal. I HOPE it happens sooner rather than later of course, but I'm in this until the end. No more yo-yo dieting. No more giving up.

With all of that said though, I'm still trying to figure my body out.
Like, I know I retain water when my period shows up. I'll go up about 5lbs give or take. But that weight usually drops right back off after about 3 days.
After that though /shrugs I just haven't been paying that much attention to any pattern that could be happening lol. I probably should. That way if I do have cycles of retaining water, I'll be prepared for it instead of wondering if I'm doing something wrong with my diet.

What else...
Hoping this way of eating helps my sleep. I NEED restful sleep and I just don't get that most of the time. I toss and turn so much and don't get in to that deep restful healing sleep. Carnivore is supposed to help.
Also hoping it helps with mental clarity. I know the better sleep probably helps with that too.
Have so many ideas I want to do and get started on.

And yeah... just feeling really positive about most of this. Frustrated at my stupid stomach, but I know it will go down eventually. Just hoping it happens soon so I can stop looking like I'm pregnant already lol.

No comments: