Friday, December 14, 2018

This and that

Losing weight is such a slow damn process. It's totally understandable that so many people quit. We're all so used to instant gratification that when we don't see results ASAP, we get discouraged or don't think it's working.
I'm SO damn glad that my mentality on that has changed now.
No more of that bullshit thinking. Yes, I would still like instant gratification lol, but I know now that that's just not reality. Weight loss is normally slow and frustrating. But it does come off and with the right diet can come off relatively fast compared to how long it took to gain.
Like.. would you rather go on for the rest of your life unhappy and unhealthy? Or would you rather diet and possibly exercise for a year or 2 (depending on how much and how fast you lose) to get to your goal? 1 or 2 years isn't even that long in the grand scheme of your life. How often do we always comment that "OMG this year flew by!!" Now just imagine taking that year to diet right. Think about how proud of yourself you'll feel when you say that AND are checking out your new healthier self in the mirror.
No.. dieting isn't always easy and you might fall off the wagon, but just get right back to it. Don't think of it as starting over. Think of it as continuing on your journey.
STOP MAKING EXCUSES.
Oh I could NEVER give up soandso. Maybe not, but there is a diet out there that WILL work for you if you commit to doing it. Stop making excuses to stay fat.
Hell, even now, I still have that little voice in me. "Oh.. what harm would come if you just had a little bite?? You'd be fine if you just cheated a little. Just a little. You're already planning on cheating, go ahead and start a day before or continue an extra day. It's not going to hurt anything."
Yes... yes it will. I know myself. I know my triggers and I am finally in the right state of mind to tell that little voice to shut the hell up!
Those were all excuses I'd tell myself that would always, ALWAYS spiral me back to eating terrible again.
Not gonna happen again.

I'm at 183.6lbs this morning and gawd damnit, I'm going to be at or really damn close to my goal for my 40th birthday.
That's 40lbs lost so far and I still have 60 give or take to go. So about 10 months to lose that much weight which might be impossible for my body to do, but I'm going to give it my best shot.

I do still need to exercise though. That's going to be one of my main goals for the new year. Start exercising. I hate it so GD much, but I know it's going to help build muscle and tone which should help some with saggy loose skin that I know I'll have.
Plus I want to keep my butt which will require squats and lunges and all that good stuff. I want to be a hot momma!! I don't care if anyone else thinks it, I want to.
I'm going to start it off with really simple things like elliptical and seated weight lifting with light weights and then take it from there. I am in extremely terrible shape so I need to start it slow. I can't go in all gungho and burn myself out the first week b/c I'm too sore to move lol.

Another goal is to reduce my stress... by... A LOT. Toddlers man.... Ezra and Oren have stressed me out so damn much recently b/c they are both going through toddlerhood together. AND they're boys that do boy things and uuuuuuuugh stressful.
I need to chill the hell out. I can't continue on with how it's been going b/c the stress is going to do worse things than the fat did to my health.

And a few other agendas for the new year. It's gonna be a good year I think :)
____

Christmas shopping is all done. ALL DONE. The kids are gonna have some good presents :D
We decided at the last minute on black friday to get the kids bikes. Well.. just Oren and Zoe. She's been asking for one and Walmart had good deals on some so we bit the bullet. Oren and Ezra were with us though. Ezra is fine, but Oren still remembers and brings it up every once in a while that he has a new bike and what color it is and what color Zoe's is lol. Thankfully Zoe hasn't caught on to what he's actually saying since his speech isn't great so she think he's talking about the little tricycle things they already have lol.
Santa is bringing the family family games like Hungry Hungry Hippo, Operation and that magnetic fishing one along with just a few other toys and mommy and daddy are getting credit for everything else. MUAHAHAA lol
Anyway....
It's hard to believe that Christmas is less than 2 weeks away now. Man.. these last few months really fly by.


No comments: