Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Ramblings

Thanksgiving went well.
I ate everything!!! I wanted to eat more, but we got home late so I didn't get a chance to finish off the delicious sweet potato casserole that I made. It was SO good and so sweet. I gained 4lbs and it's taken a week and a half to get back to where I was lol.
I expected it, but was hoping my body would surprise me and not do this again.
Oh well. It was worth it.
I won't be cheating for Christmas though. I have a new years goal in mind and would very much like to reach it. If I cheated, I wouldn't.
We already bought a rib roast for Christmas and there should be salad and whatnot too. The only thing that will be hard to pass up are fresh baked rolls. Had those on Thanksgiving and holy shit were they good. SO damn good.
Anyway...
Diet is still going strong though. I just jumped right back to keto the next day. I did have to combat that little voice in my head telling me to just cheat a little more. What's one more day? But no. That's a slippery slope to bad habits again and that's not going to happen.
I just have to rant for a second though.
I'm so sick of people ragging on the keto diet. Is it a bit fad-y right now? Absolutely. But lets not pretend that low carb is something new. And seriously.. what's so wrong with it? If you're strict, you're eating whole foods. How is that bad?
So tired of people saying it's not sustainable. Yeah sure, if you have no willpower to stay away from carbs and sugar. But that's why it's not for everyone. Not every diet works for everyone.
Hell... that's why there are names for people who do keto differently.
Lazy for those that only bother to count carbs but nothing else.
Dirty for those that will eat whatever so long as it fits their macros.
And Strict for those that only eat clean whole foods and track what they eat.
There is no one diet for everyone. Keto doesn't work for everyone b/c not everyone can do super strict diets. Just like being vegan isn't for everyone b/c folks don't want to give up meat.
Damn... why is that so difficult for people to understand??
Just b/c YOU don't like a diet or that it didn't work for YOU doesn't mean it's a shit diet.

ANYWAY...
I'm down to 189 this morning. i was 187 yesterday but I ate something that is causing me some bloat. Not sure what, but  hope it passes soon.
I would loooooove to be at 180 by the end of the year, but with how erratic my weight loss can be at times and slow going... I'll just be happy with any loss :)
I'm ready to kick 2019's ass though.... at least with losing weight. And by this time next year, I hope to be at my ultimate goal or damn close to it.
I still have 60 more pounds I would like to lose and I WILL get there!!!

Oh and I started off at an 18 and I'm pretty sure I could fit in to 12's now. I'm currently in 14's but they're starting to become loose in the waist. My pooch is still pretty big though which is why I haven't gotten a smaller size just yet.
____

Kids are good. Driving me batshit, but they're good.

Ezra is still a tiny tornado. Total destruction wherever he goes lol.

Oren is also good. I'm working harder on getting him potty trained. Yep.. still not potty trained. He is stubborn as hell and it's my fault too for not being more consistent. I'm doing better with it though.

Zoe is doing great. Little miss attitude lol. She's awesome though. So smart. Also stubborn, but also really sweet and has so much imagination.

I have been SUPER stressed recently though so my yelling has been too much. Doesn't help that I'm doing it alone right now since DH is out of state for work and I haven't been sleeping well.
I still need to check myself though before I go off like I have been. I don't want their memories of me yelling at them all the dang time. I need to do so much better.

DH is doing well too. He's lost 50lbs and looks fantastic. So proud of him.
He's actually had way more cheats than me on this diet. Mostly b/c of his work, but b/c he's a guy, he's lost more. Grrr :P lol
He was so miserable before and it's just so nice seeing him happy in his body again. He's not done yet, but he's well on his way there :)
____

Christmas is fast approaching and we definitely overspent on presents again this year. We're never going to learn rofl.
Oh well.... Just means it's time to donate more of their old shit to make room for the new... shit.
____

Oh and SiL is pregnant again. DH's younger sister. The annoying one.
Seems like this one is a sticky bean too, but she also has that hypersomethingsomething condition again. The one where she has morning sickness constantly.
Sounds like there is a pump for the anti-nausea med now though that she has so I hope it's helping her out.
She also said she's getting that early genetic testing thing done since she's considered advanced maternal age. So everyone should know what she's having soon :)
She's annoying as shit though.
SO fucking dramatic. Like... damn woman. Yeah, morning sickness sucks, but it doesn't give you the right to be a total bitch to everyone, especially your husband. And it doesn't give you the right to pawn off your child to your mother for over a week b/c boohoo, you're sick and you need your husband to focus all of the attention on to you.
UGH she's so.... exhausting to be around. It's like one second, she's a cool person. Funny and witty but then you hang around longer and learn just the kind of person she is when she's not those things.
Overly dramatic. NEEDS all attention on her. I know women joke about their husband's getting the "man flu" or acting like they're going to die when they're sick.... That's HER.

But anyway... I am happy for them and I know the inlaws are thrilled to be getting another grandbaby :)
I just really hope DH's older sister can get and stay pregnant. Sounds like she has no problem getting pregnant, but she keeps miscarrying :( She's a great momma and I know she desperately wants another. She's over 40 though so... not much time to make things happen.
____

Anway, I've written enough for now. Maybe I'll get another post in before the end of the year. Maybe not.
If not... I hope everyone kicks some ass for the rest of 2018 :)

No comments: